Saturday, May 15, 2010

Books to Movies

Wow I haven't posted in forever and now 2 posts in one day! Kyle is working all day and the kids are really being great, so I'm taking the opportunity. For some reason this really bothers me and Kyle doesn't really understand.....

I just finished the book called Beastly. It was cute, very much Beauty and the Beast, only modern times. I learned it is going to be a movie and comes out July 30th. So I take the time to look up the trailer and I was really disappointed. The only character they seem to have right is the blind guy! And the story line is changed and I can just tell that from the trailer. I love love love to read. I read all the time! And maybe that's my problem because books are always so much better then the movie, however there are still some really good movies out there that originated with books. Here is my beef, if you are going to call it the same title the book has, then it better follow the book!!!!!!! If you are just going to loosely base the story on the book, ie. "A Walk to Remember" then call it something else and say it is based on a novel. I hate getting my hopes up and then the movie has only the title in common.... I understand to make it more "Hollywood" some things need to be changed. Like the fight seen in New Moon or in the 2nd Harry Potter, but basically the characters and story line are correct. Anyway, Kyle isn't much of a ready other then church books, and seeing as how Jesus the Christ isn't coming to the big screen anytime soon, he can't really empathize. So sorry it's me ranting a bit on a pet peeve.

I'm sure the movie Beastly will be fine, but don't read the book and expect it to be the same...

No comments: