Thursday, December 18, 2008

Joshua Kyle Hercules

Baby Josh wrapped in a fleece blanket so comfy!!
All the boys hanging out on the couch!

Josh is such a good sleeper! He slept 4 hours his first night at home!!

Me and Josh at the hospital, recovering from a long day.

Daddy and Josh bonding at the hospital.

Joshua Kyle Hercules was born at 10:15pm on Monday, December 15. He weighed 8lbs, 21 1/2 in long. And what a cutie!! We can't tell exactly who he looks like yet, but I would say he looks more Hercules then anything. He has the cutest pudgy cheeks just like his daddy did.
Kyle and I were to go to the hospital on Sunday night. Kyle's brother Joey ended up being here in Rexburg, and was able to stay at home with Conner. That was a huge blessing not having to worry about finding babysitters to help with Conner. So, we went to the hospital at 8pm to be induced. Josh was still pretty high, but I was dilated some, so they ended up putting some kind of tape thing on my cervix to soften it and help and I was just to sleep there at the hospital. Well, it would have been fine, except Josh was being so wiggly they had a hard time finding him on the monitor and keeping him there. So, at least every 15 min. the nurse was back in adjusting the strap across my belly. Obviously, when somebody is waking you up that often, it is hard to get a good sleep. Monday morning they started the pitocin. After a while they were able to break my water, and I hold the record for the most water!! It was amazing how small my belly seemed even after that. Well, after hours or waiting, Josh's heart rate kept dropping. So, they had to stop the pitocin. That would stop my contractions, and we would be stuck. Then they would start the pit again, but then his heart would drop again, and the cycle kept going on like that until he was finally born. I only had to push for 20 min, but the cord was wrapped around Josh's neck 2 times. So, he was really lethargic, and pale. It makes me so grateful to be in such a country though, where there are people who could help and have the medical personal there. I don't know what would have happened if I didn't have the doctors and nursers there, you just never know what kind of emergency may happen. Anyway, Josh had to stay in the nursery over night, but that did give us some time to sleep and rest from all that hard work. But man is he worth it!!
Conner and Josh are already best friends...ok, well Conner doesn't know how to be soft really yet, but he is getting there. He is fascinated with Josh. It's a lot of work trying to take care of both boys, but it helps that I have the best husband to help me out. Well, Josh just finished eating and I need to try to get some sleep. Hopefully, I'll be able to keep up the blog with everything else going on!!!


Jeff, Traci and Kaden said...

Congrats you guys!!

Carly Carlson said...

Yay! Congrats Sarah! What a handsome family!

Mallory said...

Congratulations to the whole family! Joshua sure is a cutie pie. I love the picture of all the boys on the couch together. That is so sweet! I'm glad the birth ended well!

Megan said...

Sarah!!!! congratulations! both of your boys are so handsome! i miss you tons. love you!

Handsome Rob said...

Well hey there Kyle Hercules! Congrats on the new kiddo! Looks like you guys are doing great. Glad to find your blog!