Friday, December 12, 2008

baby soon

Yesturday I had the amneocentesis done and it wasn't really what I had expected. Really, it wasn't to bad, it wasn't to great either. I don't know that I would want to do it again. The kin prt didn't hurt at all, but as soon as it hit my uterous, it cramped up, and wasn't nice. After a couple of hours though the cramping stopped and all was back to normal. So, we took the sample to the hospital for the testing, and I stayed in the car while Kyle ran it inside. He gets up to the desk to drop it off and says "I have the amniotic fluid for testing to drop off." The Secretary replies, "Are you the patient?" "umm... yeah, I'm expecting any day now..." here's your sign... Are you serious? Since when has a man had amniotic fluid?!?!?!?! But it does make for a good laugh!

We got the results in today. They can't say for sure that his lungs are fully mature but they know they are not immature. The best they can say is that they are intermediately developed. AAgghhh... then what do you do? However, by now, they could be developed. So, after discussing with the doctor the options, we are scheduled to be induced Sunday night. And hopefully have a baby by Monday morning. My sister Melanie will be driving up on Sunday to help out with Conner. I'm really excited to see her again, it has been long time. I think the last time was nearly a year ago. And my mom will be here in 13 days!! When I told my mom though today, she is a little disappointed that baby herc will be 10 days old by the time she sees him. But I'll be ready for the help. We will see how it goes.

1 comment:

Mallory said...

Good luck! Can't wait to here all about the new little guy!