Wednesday, December 10, 2008

amnio....

So, it seems that after every doctor apointment I have to blog about it.... I just got home from having an ultrasound done of baby herc. As of now, he is measuring to be just over 9lbs. I can't say I'm surprized, but technically I still have 3 weeks, so he could still grow a lot! He has a huge head, of course, a big abdoman, and little legs. haha, short and stout. And I tell you what he has some huge cheeks!! Just like his daddy did when he was a baby. Along with seeing how big the baby was they also measured how much water I have. The doctor said through a normal pregnancy one would have 10-20 oz (I think oz, that's the only thing I can think of). Well, as of now I have over 30oz of water!!! That could be one reason I am measuring so big is because of all the water. I asked the doctor if that is harmful to the baby at all. He said that the only negative they have found is that the baby will just kind of float around and never come down into the pelvis to deliver. He checked my cervix also, and I am about 2-3, but he couldn't touch the babies head, so either his head is to big to fit, or there is to much water keeping him floating to high. The doctor said if he knew the babies lungs were fully developed, he would induce me tomorrow. The only way to know that is by doing an amniocentesis. So, I have that scheduled for tomorrow, and if it shows that his lungs are developed then I could be induced as early as this weekend. Or, I can just wait and see if I go into labor. The hard thing is they can't break my water because the baby is still to high, and the only thing to bring the baby down is contractions, but because there is so much water contractions may not even do it. And that makes my risk for a c-section even higher. Oh, the joys of labor and delivery, and the unknown!! So, I'm a little nervous for tomorrow, but I'm sure it will it will all work out.

Conner has figured out how to blow kisses now. It is so cute!! The other day we were all going out to run errands and I had Conner's hand and we were walking out to the car. All of a sudden, Conner stopped and turned around to look at Kyle who was locking the apartment. So Conner stopped and looked at Kyle and held up his hand and wouldn't move until Kyle took Conner's other hand. It was super cute!! I'm excited to see him as a big brother, maybe even as early as this weekend!! We will see.

2 comments:

Mallory said...

Wow! I just commented on your facebook, and then I thought to check your blog. And what do you know, it had all the answers! I really do hope everything goes well for you! You need to get pictures of how huge you are!!! Good luck, and you are in our prayers.

Amiee said...

Wow, that's pretty crazy!! Isn't it so crazy how every pregnancy is so different?! Good luck with everything!