Monday, December 31, 2012

2012

I remember being a kid and thinking I was to young to be the oldest child.  I always wanted to be 10, then 12, then 14, 16, 18... see a pattern?  Time seemed to take forever and I just wanted to be an adult.  Now that I am an adult I LOVE it!  Of course there are things that aren't so fun...bills... but I would much rather take that on then be a kid again.  And like they say, time flies when you are having fun.  It seems like time just goes faster and faster the older you get, and I think I have narrowed it down to when I got married time has gone faster.  We just celebrated our 6 year anniversary on Dec 30.  I can't believe it has been 6 years already, yet I can't believe it has only been 6 years....  Like many people you can't help but reflect on the last day of the year what the year has brought and 2012 did not disappoint.  Some of the highlights of what happened:

*Kyle and I took our first vacation alone (we didn't even have a honeymoon so this was a big deal)! We went to San Diego for Lynda's (Kyle's sister) wedding.  My sister Melanie came and watched our kids.  We got to go to Universal, Sea World, horse back riding on the beach, walking in downtown LA, and tons more super fun things, just the two of us

*Found out I was pregnant

*Moved from a townhouse to a house

*Found out Joshua has Autism

*Conner and Joshua started preschool (YEAH!!!)

*Had baby Kevin:)

*Saw my whole side of my family (except my brother who is on a mission in Singapore)

*Ben (Kyle's brother) came home from his mission to Mexico

*of course all the holidays: Halloween (everybody were superheros, Thanksgiving, Christmas) 

*6th Anniversary (Kyle planned the entire event.  He took me to a great Mexican place we have never tried, saw Les Mes, went to TGIF for brownie obsessions, and surprised me by taking me to a hotel so we could actually sleep through the night among other things...:))

Yep, a very busy year, and like I mentioned, time has FLOWN by.  

I have never been one to do resolutions.  Like most it would last for like a month and then I would stop, so I just never would do them.  However I really felt this year there are some things I really need to be better about doing.  But I don't want to do yearly, but I'm going to focus on Daily.  Then those dailies will add up to monthlies and then that will add up a the year.  But if you look at just the year it is way to much to handle, so again, I'm focusing on what I need to be doing daily for myself for me to be a better person, woman, wife, and mother.  Some things I am doing are: personal daily prayers twice a day (Kyle and I are really good at couple prayers, but not single), daily personal scripture readying for at least 15 min a day, I really want to run a 5K, I have never done it before...I'm not a runner, but this is something I really want to do in the year 2013, so I will! also, practicing the piano 30 min a day, and writing in my gratitude journal 5 things I'm grateful for every night.  I found a really great journal on Amazon that has every day listed with 5 lines to write things you are grateful for.  It's called "the Simple Abundance Journal of Gratitude" if you want to look it up.  I also found on the Sugar Doodle website a calendar check list thing that happened to have all the goals I want to do, so the entire calendar fits on half sheet of paper and you mark it different ways to show what you did that day.  I really like stuff like that so I want to do it faithfully for the entire month and January and see how I feel, if I have noticed a difference in who I am for the better (I'm sure I will).   So, I will do my best to be better at blogging so the 3 people who read this will know if it is working:) 

As a family we chose our theme for 2013 to be "I can chose to be happy today"  We figured it was simple enough for the kids to understand and it is something we can all work on, to have a positive attitude no matter what happens.  Our family scripture for the year comes from Psalms 118:24  I can't quote it yet exactly but it is the verse that says, "This is the day the Lord has made.  Let us rejoice and be glad in it."  So again, being grateful and happy in each day that the Lord has blessed us with.  

All in all, a great 2012 and I'm so excited for what 2013 will be bringing the Hercules Family:)

No comments: