Monday, December 24, 2012

Walking Zombies

Walking Zombies make good parents right?  Well I sure hope so because that is how I feel 99% of the time.  Kevin is still waking up every 2-2 1/2 hours ALL day and night.  He is about 10 weeks old now, and I really feel like my other kids were at least sleeping 5-6 hours at a time by now.  He is even on formula (I wasn't making hardly any milk) and aren't formula feed babies supposed to sleep better?  And we swaddle him in the "swaddle me" which he seems to really like being a baby burrito.  And he sleeps on his belly (sleeping on his back didn't even last 5 min.) I think partly the problem is the fact that he has a stuffy nose and has for the past 5 weeks.... but really?  I was trying to think back to the other kids and I don't really remember when they started sleeping through the night, but I know it wasn't still eating every two hours at 10 weeks old.  I think Heavenly Father blesses us to forget these types of things.  PS. if this post isn't really making sense that would be because I was up at 4:30 this morning with Kevin, I finally got him back to sleep just in time for the other kids to wake up.   That is probably another thing.  With him being number 4 it's not like you can just "sleep when the baby sleeps" not going to lie, that ends after the first one:) And with having a 3 bedroom house the older boys sleep in one room, Hannah is in the other, and because of how poor a sleeper Kevin is he sleeps in a crib in our room, so every snort, grunt, or movement he makes I wake up to.  So the few hours of sleep I get aren't consistant.  So any mama's out there who have any advice on getting baby to sleep better feel free to let me know.  You would think I would be a pro with having 4 kids in 5 years, but every child is SO SO SO SO SO different it is like becoming a first time mom again each time.  I must say make-up is a gift from God!  So at least when I'm out in public I don't look like a walking zombie, and it makes me feel so much better to get ready even on limited sleep.  When done right every woman looks better with make-up, it's true, don't argue:) and my shameless plug, Mary Kay is the best make-up/skin care around, check out my website to see for yourself  www.marykay.com/sarahhercules

Anyway, even though it sounds like I'm having a hard time because of a lack of sleep, I love having 4 kiddos.  It is so fun to see how they play and interact with each other.  We are 99.999999% Kevin is our last one and at first I was a little sad and wanting to enjoy every moment.  I still want to enjoy the moments, but I'm no longer sad.  Conner, Joshua, and Hannah are so much fun!  I love getting to hear what they are thinking, games they like to play, stories they like to read, etc.  It is also getting easier in some ways doing things with them, like we went on a walk through the woods and didn't have to worry about them running off and not being able to find them.  This is the best age for Christmas too!!  They are so excited for Santa to come tonight.  They have loved doing the advents, especially adding cotton balls to Santa's beard.  They love Texas the Elf and listening to Christmas music.

There are a few more things I have been wanting to blog about, but I'm out of time for now.  Till next time.

No comments: