Thursday, June 21, 2012

Birthday Girl

Yeah I'm finally able to rent a car without paying the extra youngsters fee:) I'm 25!!!  I don't know any other 25 year old who is pregnant with their 4th kid, so I'm a little weird I guess, at least that's what I tell people when they can't believe I'm only 25.  But I can have reached a quarter of a century!!!

My birthday went really well.  Kyle had to teach summer school, which is only from 7:30am-2pm, and the kids were well behaved while he was working.  I told them I was only going to change one diaper each that day, so they better make sure it was the one they wanted changed before asking me...haha:) I did make them lunch, but I didn't clean up any toys or do dishes or anything.  I didn't even get out of my pj's till well after Kyle was home.  My mother-in-law called to see if she could take me out for some girl time and Larry (dad-in-law) would watch the game with Kyle.  I figured that was the real reason Sherry wanted to take me out was because Larry wanted to watch the game and they don't have cable, but they didn't want to be rude on my birthday so Sherry was going to take me out.  I didn't think anything of it, and I knew I didn't have any other plans so of course I said yes.

Kyle came home and I took a nap, and finally got dressed and ready.  I got Panda Express for dinner. I know it is fake Asian food, but for some reason I just LOVE their fried rice and broccoli beef, so that's what I got.  Plus Mug Root beer which I never drink so that was wonderful too.  Sherry came and picked me up and we went to the mall so Sherry could get me a birthday gift.  I looked at a few different things, but for some reason I just really wanted some pj's.  I found 2 pair that are SO comfortable I want to wear them all the time! I just love pj's.  If we could wear them all day every day I totally would.  I LOVE cheesecake but Kyle HATES it so we never get it. There is a cheesecake factory at the mall, so I stopped by and got a slice of Resses' Peanut Butter and a Red Velvet slice to take home and enjoy.  Why choose between the two when you can just get both, it's my birthday right?!?!?

After that we had to run back to Sherry's house to pick up some cake and cupcakes.  The two sisters she visit teaches have birthdays in June, so for this month they were going to take them out, and I tagged along.  When we stopped by they house there was a small moving truck outside in the cul-de-sac and I was like "I wonder why there is a truck there" Sherry said it was probably the neighbors who travel a lot over the summer.  I didn't think anymore of it and we got the cake.

We went to an Italian ice cream place to meet with the other sisters.  It was my first time having jillato or however you spell it.  I'm not even going to attempt to write the name of the Italian place because I know I will butcher that:) It was good to spend some adult girl time and then it was time to go home.  We had been gone about 2 hours when we got back to my house.  I walked in and Kyle came to meet us.  He grabbed the bags out of my hand and covered my eyes.  I had no idea what was going on and I knew that we didn't have a lot of extra money, especially with the recent move. Anyway he walks me into the family room, turns me around and has me open my eyes...

Right there was a beautiful piano! I couldn't believe it.  How in the world did he get that, and arrange everything to get it into our house without me even having any suspicion?!?!?  He is just too good.  It's a cute little upright that is gently used, but in great condition.  I hugged Kyle and I started crying.  Of course I hugged my in-laws to as they helped so much and are so wonderful.  I don't think I have ever cried over a gift before.  I LOVE playing the piano and it was so hard not having one to play whenever I wanted.  I still can't believe I have my own piano to use whenever I want.  And they kids have all said they want me to teach them how to play:)  I think Hannah is really going to be good.  Anytime she walks by it she plays a couple keys and loves to sit by me and "dance" as I play.  She even has a few favorite songs.  Anyway, I was and still am very excited to have a piano in my home!!!

Needless to say it was a very memorable and wonderful 25th birthday!!!  I can't wait for many more to come, that could be a lot of pianos:)

No comments: